Creamy Shrimp and Broccoli Fettuccine
- CKD non-dialysis
- 4 ounces fettuccine, uncooked
- 1-3/4 cup broccoli florets
- 3/4 pound frozen medium shrimp
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground peppercorns
- 1/4 cup half & half creamer
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions, omitting salt.
- Add broccoli during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Keep warm.
- Over medium heat, cook and stir shrimp and garlic 2 to 3 minutes in a large nonstick skillet until shrimp are heated through.
- Add cream cheese, garlic powder, lemon juice, ground peppercorns and half & half. Cook and stir 2 minutes.
- Toss pasta and shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with bell pepper.